Welcome to Center For Mission
“The Gospel joy which enlivens the community of disciples is a missionary joy.”
Joy of the Gospel #21, Pope Francis
The Center for Mission promotes and coordinates mission outreach of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis. We help build bridges of cooperation and communion between the archdiocese and both global and local communities through activities of encounter that include mission trips, partnerships, and school/parish projects and annual appeals. The Center for Mission also brings the depth and beauty of the mission spirit to adults and youth through education and experiences.
Globally, the archdiocese reaches over 1,150 mission dioceses in more than 120 countries around the world through the Society for the Propagation of the Faith and other Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS). We further this work by overseeing activities such as the Missionary Cooperation Plan, the World Mission Sunday celebration, specific appeals, mass stipends, planned giving and bequest opportunities, and monthly donors.
The Center for Mission also supervises projects and appeals that benefit local mission in the archdiocese like the CRS Rice Bowl, where 25% of collected funds is returned to aid hunger related programs in the Twin Cities, Home Missions and Black and Indian Appeals.
During Lent the Archdiocese, in fact the world, experienced what it meant to truly enter a time of sacrifice and introspection as we anticipated the saving light of the risen Christ. The Center for Mission is praying for you all: for safety, hope and security. We offer you prayers of joy and grace. Aware of the need to avoid public places, we want to make it easier to support our struggling brothers and sisters overseas, by reviewing the several ways to offer contributions below.
Home Missions Appeal: IMPORTANT DELAY to October 18
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions and parish limitations, the Home Missions Appeal planned for the weekend of April 26 has been delayed. The new date will coincide with World Mission Sunday on the weekend of October 18, 2020. This mission appeal in October would now be worldwide… including the U.S. For questions, contact Mickey Friesen, 651.291.4445 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Friday Holy Land Appeal: IMPORTANT DELAY to SEPTEMBER 13
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Holy Land Collection, has now has been delayed by Pope Francis to Sunday, September 13, 2020. Thank you all for the efforts you have made to make this a celebration of Holy Land solidarity in your parishes. For questions, contact Mickey Friesen, 651.291.4445
Catholic Relief Services Rice Bowl
A big thank you to those parishes, individuals and families, who engaged with the Rice Bowl program. The Rice Bowl program ended Holy Thursday, 2020. The Center for Mission, as the CRS office in our archdiocese, manages the Rice Bowl program and will forward all collections to Catholic Relief Services. To make it more convenient to send in those heavy boxes of collected coins, we have provided contribution options below:
1. Submit a check for the amount collected to your parish, who will then send a total collection check to the Center for Mission for Rice Bowl.
2. Mail a check for your collection to Bonnie Curry-Gabel, Center for Mission, 777 Forest Street, St. Paul, MN 55106. Write “Rice Bowl” in the memo line on the check.
3. If you would like to use a credit card for your contribution, go to the “Contribute” page of this website and click on “Donate.” Be sure to select “Rice Bowl” in the form drop down menu.
4. Or go to www.crsricebowl.org to offer your contribution by credit card.
Global Solidarity Sunday March 22, 2020
This parish collection supported four priorities of the US Conference of Catholic Bishops. By offering support you will helped struggling brothers and sisters in Africa, Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe as well as humanitarian activities of Catholic Relief Services. There are several opportunities for you to still offer support:
1. Still send in a check to your parish for this collection.
2. If you choose, send a check made out to the Center for Mission with “Global Solidarity Sunday” in the memo line. Send to Bonnie Curry-Gabel, Center for Mission, 777 Forest Street, St. Paul, MN 55106.
3. You can use a credit card by going to the “Contribute” page of this website and clicking on “Donate.” Be sure to select “Global Solidarity Sunday” in the form drop down menu.
If you have questions, contact Bonnie Curry-Gabel and thank you again.